Learning how to pack self storage units efficiently and economically can pay off. Here are some great tips that will help keep your unit organized and prevent things from becoming damaged while they are put away:
- Be careful of anything that can cause mold or mildew. Don’t pack anything that is damp, wet, or in sealed plastic bags.
- Make sure to map out a space that you can use for access prior to filling the unit. You’ll need to be able to get in and out easily.
- Mark all boxes clearly on the outside and make sure that you can see the contents when packed in.
- Make sure you store heavy items on the bottom and fragile items up top.
- Use tape to prevent dust from getting into boxes.
- Seriously think about whether you want to store anything with a lot of sentimental value or things that can’t be replaced.
- Keep an inventory of items and look into getting the unit insured.
- Arrange the biggest items in the space before packing anything else.
- Be sure to keep items you will need to access on a regular basis at the front of the unit so that you can get to it easily.
Category: Apartment Hunting