You don’t want to go into a meeting with your potential landlord feeling unprepared. This is your chance to get all the answers to questions you may have, as well as those you maybe didn’t know you had. You want to find the best place for your living so you have to know what to ask to find that out.
These questions should help you feel more confident going into your apartment search and meeting with landlords.
- When can I move in to the apartment?
- Does someone currently live in the apartment?
- When does the apartment become available?
- Are any utilities included in the apartment’s monthly rent?
- Which utilities am I responsible for?
- Do you have a list of the companies for activation of utilities?
- Is there any maintenance that I will be responsible for?
- Are laundry facilities on the complex?
- Are there any recreational facilities and is there an extra charge for the use?
- How is trash taken care of?
- Is there parking at the apartment building?
- Is there assigned parking?
- How many parking spaces will I be assigned?
- Is there guest parking? If so, where?
- Are pets allowed in the complex?
- What kind of pets are acceptable?
- Is there a pet deposit and if so, is it refundable?
- What are the limitations on pets?
- What kind of security is offered?
- What are the quiet hours and over night guests rules?
- What are move-in/move-out procedures?
- How do I receive deliveries?
Deposit and Lease:
- What is the monthly rent?
- How much is the deposit?
- When do you collect rent?
- What is the penalty for late rent?
- How do I go about renewing my lease?
- If I need different amenities, can I move into a different unit in the community?
- Can I have a sublet if necessary?
- What is the roommate policy?
- Is there an on-site office?
- Is there an emergency number?
- How fast is maintenance responded to?
- What kind of changes can I make to the apartment? (Painting, hanging wall paper, shelving, etc.)
Category: Apartment Hunting