If you are lucky, you have an apartment with free laundry facilities or a doting mother who comes over and does your loads for you. If you are like the majority of renters however, you have to go to Laundromats or have coin operated machines at your community. Check out our money saving tips for laundry day:
- Don’t do a load unless you can run a full one.
- Take advantage of free dry days or laundry specials at area Laundromats. It can pay to do a little research on this and find the best deals.
- Skip drying items you can bring home and let them air dry on a hanger. If you have an outdoor space, hang a line and dry items there in nice weather.
- Use less stuff. Using less detergent and half a dryer sheet will add up and clothes still will be clean and smell fresh.
- Only buy supplies on sale and use coupons too. This really adds up if you keep your eyes out.
- Make sure lint traps are clean so that the dryer runs efficiently.
- Hand wash dry clean items using a gentle detergent.
Category: Apartment Organization