Bookcases can be a boring part of an apartment, or they can be a fun part! Try these tips to spruce up your bookcase and make it a lively focal point of any room.
- Paint the shelves and insides of your bookcase a different color
- Put solid colored items on colored shelves
- Display all of your pictures on bookshelves
- Group like colored items together for easy organization
- Use bookcases in the kitchen to store recipe books and interesting pots and pans
- Take the outdoors inside and store seasonal finds such as seashells and pine cones
- A bookcase in a sitting area can hold coffee and teapots, mugs, and sugar
- Make your own bookends using old vases or ceramics
- Painting your bookcase white gives a beach feel to any room
- Attach a chalkboard to the side of a bookcase for easy note taking or doodling
- A tension rod placed under the top of your bookcase with curtains hides your belongings. You can use fabric that matches the room or make a statement with an accent color.
Try these neat bookcase ideas out in your apartment for the spring. New surrounding will freshen up the room and make you feel ready for a new season and warmer weather.
Photos from: BrettJordan
Information from betterhomesandgardens