It’s that time of year again! The New Year is here, we survived another “ending of the world,” and it’s time to set our goals for the coming year. In a recent Facebook poll, we asked people what they had resolved to do in the New Year. Here are the top five responses:
1. Self Improvement. Sometimes the hardest changes to make are the changes to yourself. Some common areas of self improvement are reducing stress, being a better person, taking time to appreciate your surroundings, and being thankful for what you have. You can also throw things like volunteering into this category since charitable work is good for you as well as those you are helping! (Charitable work ideas.)
2. Get Healthy. Whether that means exercise, eating right, having wellness exams or some combination of the three, getting healthy is a good resolution for everyone. (For more apartment friendly exercising tips, browse through our Exercising in Your Apartment blog.)
3. Focus on Family. Nothing is more important than family, and building close relationships with the people you care about is extremely important for your general well-being. Something as simple as housework can be a great way to bond with loved ones, or you can go out for a fun activity as a group! (Weekend activities.)
4. Get Money-Wise. Any time of year is a great time to get your finances under control. Paying off debt, budgeting and making sure you know where your money is going are great ways to get yourself financially secure. It never hurts to consult a professional either! (Money saving tips/money saving ideas.)
5. Get Organized. Organization helps with so many aspects of your life, it is no wonder this is in the top five! Household organization, scheduling, making lists, there is no end to how you can make your life easier. Take a look at this article for more tips on organization: (Stay organized.)
Even though these are the five most popular resolutions, there were some others that came close. Finding a job, doing well in, or going back to, school, and making big purchases (car, house, etc.) also make the list. Did your resolution make our list?
Category: Fitness & Style