One of the best parts about the summer season is the incorporation of BBQ into our diets for at least three whole months. You can technically have it other times of year, but it just isn’t the same is it? Speaking of the same, when was the last time you tried out a new recipe for BBQ? Take a look at one blogger’s unique recipe for BBQ, and what we recommend you make to go along with it!
Grilled Cola Chicken
Courtesy of: Melanie Flinn, Our Family World
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 tbs onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup cola (Coke or Pepsi, makes no difference)
- ½ cup of ketchup
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cumin
- Sauté onion and garlic in a pan until translucent. Add in cola and ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes to thicken the sauce. As you wait, start grill. Once the sauce is done, set aside 1/3 of the sauce.
- Combine sugar, paprika, salt, and cumin to make the spice mixture. Rub into both sides of the chicken. Place chicken on the grill and baste it with the 1/3 of sauce you set aside, about 3 tablespoons of it on each side. Once chicken is done, use leftover sauce when serving.
We love the idea of this BBQ recipe with some fresh cut watermelon, some corn on the cob (soak them in water and throw those on the grill too for some extra flavor), and a nice chilled pasta salad.
By the way, when is dinner so we can come by to eat?
Category: Food & Entertaining