Decorating your apartment for a party can be a lot of fun. There are so many ideas and themes to explore, but keeping things simple can help make the preparation easier. Here are some thoughts to explore:
- Chances are you won’t want to store a lot of items, so make sure the things you choose are inexpensive, reusable or recyclable.
- Consider natural items, such as pine branches or flowers as materials.
- Costume parties put most of the “decoration” on your guests. A few simple additions such as party ribbon or streamers are usually enough to dress up the room.
- Gather your Christmas or holiday cards and make a mobile out of them.
- Fill clear vases with bright, holiday-themed candy and give away as party favors at the end of the night.
- Tablecloths can dress up a room quickly and a few decorative place mats can customize the theme.
- Send out invitations and print some extra to use as decorations.
Remember to have a camera on-hand to capture all of the fun. You might also want to invite your neighbors to the party — or at least let them know you’ll be throwing one so they are prepared for a little bit of extra noise.
Ready to throw a party in a new place? Let ForRent.com be your guide.
Category: Food & Entertaining