Whether it’s entertaining guests in your shabby chic living room, finding your Zen place in your tranquil bedroom, or lounging around on a killer vintage chair, we want to see your coolest space. Send us a photo of your favorite space in your home, and you could win $2,500!
Five Semifinalists will be selected and then it’s up to you and other ForRent.com® and Homes.com® enthusiasts to vote for the Coolest Space in Your Place. The winning photo will receive a $2,500 gift card and four Finalists will each receive a $200 gift card.
How it works
- Submit your photos by uploading them to https://www.facebook.com/aptsforrent or by uploading them to https://www.facebook.com/homesdotcom between June 6, 2011 and July 6, 2011.
- Judges will then select five Semifinalists.
- ForRent.com and Homes.com enthusiasts (that’s you!) will vote for your favorite photo between July 7- July14, 2011 through the contest tab on either https://www.facebook.com/aptsforrent or https://www.facebook.com/homesdotcom’s Facebook® Business Page.
- The winners will be announced on or around July 15, 2011.
Please see below for the complete contest rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
CONTEST DATES. ForRent.com and Homes.com’s Photo Contest (the “Promotion”) begins at 2:30:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (”EST”) on June 6, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (”EST”) on July 6, 2011 (the “Promotion Period). The Promotion Period consists of three phases as set forth below:
Phase One – Photo Submission Phase, starts at 2:30:00 p.m. ET June 6, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 6, 2011.
Phase Two – Judges select top five (5) as Semifinalists on or around July 7, 2011.
Phase Three – ForRent.com and Homes.com enthusiasts (that’s you!) vote for your favorite photo. One (1) Grand prize winner will be selected based off the highest total votes the photo received. Four (4) Finalists will be selected based off the second, third, fourth, and fifth highest votes. The winners will be announced on or around July 15, 2011.
For the purpose of this Promotion, each phase will begin at 2:30:00p.m. Eastern Time (”ET”) and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (”ET”).
PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY. ForRent.com and Homes.com’s Photo Contest (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are age eighteen (18) or older (or the age of majority in their state or residence) as of June 15, 2011. Residents of the state of Rhode Island are not eligible to win. A person who complies with all the eligibility rules shall be referred to as “Entrant.” Employees and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling or spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) of ForRent.com (”Sponsor”), For Rent Media SolutionsTM, Homes.com (“Sponsor”), Homes Media SolutionsTM, United Advertising Publications, Inc., or Dominion Enterprises, and any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Entities”) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This Promotion consists of a contest of skill (the “Contest”).
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. By participating in the Promotion, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and/or Administrator and/or Judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The award of a prize is contingent upon Entrant complying with all conditions and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER:
THE CONTEST OF SKILL. Your photo must demonstrate your favorite space in your place, and it must comply with the following requirements to be eligible:
1) Submit your photo(s) by uploading them to either ForRent.com’s Facebook Business Page https://www.facebook.com/aptsforrent or to Homes.com’s Facebook Business Page https://www.facebook.com/homesdotcom by July 6, 2011.
2) In accordance with the website’s supported images, the photo must be submitted as an attachment in one of the following formats: JPEGs (JPG), Non-Animated GIFs or PNGs
3) The photo must be the original work of the Entrant
4) The Entrant is limited to submitting three (3) photos for the Coolest Space in Your Place Contest
5) The Entrant may submit photo(s) that include more than one space
6) The file size must be no larger than 10MB (Ten Megabytes) in size
7) The photo may not have won previous awards
8) The photo may not have been published previously
9) The photo must not infringe upon the rights of any third-party, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, and rights of publicity and/or privacy
10) The photo must be suitable for publication and may not be violent, immoral, offensive, illegal, pornographic, obscene, indecent or similarly inappropriate as deemed solely by Sponsors
11) The photo may not contain any content that is or may be perceived to be defamatory or that represents the Entities in a negative way or in any manner not consistent with Entities’ brand and/or reputation as deemed solely by Sponsors
12) The photo may not contain any mention, discussion, logo, trademark, service mark, storefront, trade dress, mascot, photograph, or other image of any business or company, other than ForRent.com and/or For Rent Magazine, and Homes.com. The photo may not have apartment property names or physically identify an apartment property by filming their front sign or any other unique identifying feature or distinguishable architecture.
13) The photo may not include the likenesses of any identifiable persons other than the Entrant, unless written permission is obtained by the Entrant
14) The photo cannot be dangerous or unsafe to make or produce, or include activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person, animal or property, or suggest or imply to any person to undertake any dangerous, unsafe or unduly risky activity as deemed solely by Sponsors
15) The photo may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations. Any photo in violation of any of the above requirements and restrictions will be deemed void. By submitting a photo in the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that these requirements have been met. Failure to satisfy these requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, may result in ineligibility with respect to all photos submitted by or on behalf of that Entrant.
16) ForRent.com and Homes.com enthusiasts (that’s you!) will vote for your favorite semifinalist between July 7, 2011- July 14, 2011 through the ForRent.com https://www.facebook.com/aptsforrent or the Homes.com https://www.facebook.com/homesdotcom Facebook Business Pages.
ENTRANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING PERMISSION TO USE THE PICTURE, IMAGE, AND/OR LIKENESS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES SHOWN IN THE PHOTO. Sponsors may request that any such third parties sign a waiver and release prior to the posting of the photo on the Website or the granting of any prize.
Limit [ 3] Entries per registered user. Entrants may not enter the Contest with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities. Incomplete and/or duplicate Entries are not permitted and will be deemed void. The use of any device to automate the entry process is absolutely prohibited, and any such Entries shall be void. Submission of more than  Entries by or on behalf of the same Entrant or use of any device or artifice to circumvent the Official Rules will result in ineligibility with respect to all entries submitted by or on behalf of that Entrant.
USE OF FORRENT.COM and HOMES.COM TRADEMARKS AND SLOGANS. For the sole purpose of participation and entry in this Promotion, Sponsors hereby grant each Entrant a non-exclusive, revocable royalty-free license to use the trademarks and copyrights owned by Sponsors in the creation of the Entrant’s photo, subject to the entry restrictions and guidelines contained in these Official Rules. This license extends only to photos submitted to Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules. This license does not extend to photos created in connection with the Promotion, but not submitted to Sponsors in accordance with these Official Rules. Use of trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property owned by Sponsors in photos or in any other form or media not submitted to Sponsors in connection with this Promotion and in accordance with these Official Rules constitutes an unauthorized use and infringement of the intellectual property rights of the Sponsors. Sponsors hereby reserve all rights and remedies available to Sponsors at law or in equity to enforce these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, the enforcement of any trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property rights owned by the Sponsors.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS. At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, Sponsors will post the Grand Prize Winner and Finalists in compliance with the Official Rules on Facebook on or around July 25, 2011. All photos will be reviewed for content before being posted on ForRent.com’s Facebook Business Page and Homes.com’s Facebook Business Page. Photos submitted may or may not be removed from the site, in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors. Sponsors shall have absolutely no obligation to give feedback or reasoning for why any photo is not posted on the site. Sponsors shall have the sole right to reject or remove a photo from the site at any time. On or about July 7, 2011 Sponsor’s internal review panel will announce the five semifinalists. From 12:00:00 a.m. ET on July 7 to 11:59:59 pm on July 14, the public may vote on the finalist photos posted on the site by visiting the ForRent.com’s Facebook Business Page or the Homes.com’s Facebook Business Page, and following the voting instructions.
CONTEST: Semifinalists’ photos will be selected according to the following judging criteria:
- 20% Overall quality and appearance of photo
- 25% Creativity and originality
- 25% Relevance to contest theme in regards to photo title and description
- 30% Overall relevance to contest theme of Coolest Space in Your Place
Grand Prize winner will be selected based on receiving the greatest number of votes. In the unlikely event of a tie, the photo with the earliest upload date will be deemed the Semifinalist, Finalist and/or Grand Prize Winner.
a) Contest Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One winner will receive $2,500. FOUR (4) FINALISTS will be selected based off the second, third and fourth highest votes and will each receive a $200 gift card. Approximate Retail Value (”ARV”): $3,300.
For All Prizes:
All federal and state taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. The winners acknowledge that the prize is taxable and agree to provide information for, and verify by signature, the appropriate IRS and other forms as determined by Sponsor. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) with a prize of comparable or greater value or cash value. In the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason or a winner is not capable of redeeming a prize for any reason, Sponsor shall not be obligated to award any prize. If, for any reason, more than the stated number of prizes are available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in such category by random drawing from among eligible prize claimants in such prize category or in a manner to be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE. Sponsor will reasonably attempt to notify Prize Winners via contact information provided on the entry form. Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and, where lawful, a Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) business days of receipt of notice of such winning status in order to accept and receive the prize. If the indicated forms are not signed and returned by the time indicated on the documents, or if a Prize Winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, declines the prize, cannot be contacted within the time frames set forth herein, or is otherwise unwilling or unable to comply with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected at and in a manner to be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
RIGHTS IN THE PHOTOS. All photos (including all material embodied therein) submitted to Sponsors shall automatically become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsors immediately upon submission. Once a photo has been submitted pursuant to the Promotion, the Entrant may not distribute, disseminate, sell, use, license, or post the photo or any copies thereof in any medium (including other Internet sites) without the prior express written consent of Sponsors, which consent may be withheld in the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Each Entrant, as a condition of participation in the Promotion, hereby grants Sponsors the exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, and otherwise use (unless prohibited by applicable law) the photo (including all material embodied therein) in any way or in any media now or hereafter known for trade, advertising, promotional, or other purposes as Sponsors determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, without further notice or compensation to the Entrant or any other third parties. Nothing herein shall be construed to require Sponsors to publish, distribute or in any way use the photo (or any of the material embodied therein) should Sponsors in their sole discretion decline to do so.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY. Sponsor will collect personal data from Participants, and this information may be used for the purposes of administering the Promotion, publicizing the Promotion, and other promotional purposes that benefit the Sponsor. Unless prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each Entrant’s consent for Sponsor to use the Entrant’s name (or username), age, hometown, and state of residence for Promotion or promotional purposes in any media now known or later developed, without payment or consideration to the Entrant. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to ForRent.com and Homes.com and not to Facebook.
GENERAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant (for himself/herself and his/her heirs) hereby releases and indemnifies Facebook and Sponsor, and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims and liabilities for any loss, harm, damage, or claims related to: (i) publicity and/or privacy rights, defamation, and intellectual property associated with the Entrant or winner’s participation in the Promotion, redemption of any prize in connection with the Promotion, and/or use or misuse of any prize in connection with the Promotion.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for non-conforming, lost, late, stolen, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Neither Sponsor nor any other Releasee shall be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Sponsor, Releasees, Entrants, tampering, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and neither Sponsor nor any Releasee shall assume responsibility for any error, omission, defect, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the materials related to the Contest, or for any damage to the Entrant’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process, the voting process, or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with intent or apparent intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, embarrass, harm, or harass, in any way, any other person. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, business or market circumstances, force majeure, public health concerns, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, or any other causes which, Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof by posting a notice on the websites. If the Promotion or any portion of the Promotion is terminated before the end of the Promotion Period or the Voting Period, Sponsor will select winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date of the Promotion. All prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
MISCELLANEOUS. This Promotion will be administered in the State of Virginia, and by participating, all Entrants hereby agree that the laws of the State of Virginia will apply exclusively to the Promotion and that any dispute with respect to this Promotion will be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of Virginia.
DISCLOSURE OF WINNER(S). To receive a list of winners, Email : contest@forrent,com and/ or, send self addressed stamped envelope marked [ Attention Amber Heckler, 150 Granby Street, Norfolk, Virginia 23510”] on the back of the envelope to [insert address] .
SPONSOR: For Rent Media Solutions and Homes Media Solutions, 150 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23510.
ADMINISTRATOR: Amber Heckler and Gillian Luce
© 2011 Dominion Enterprises, All Rights Reserved
Category: Apartment Life