When adding a little one to your home, there is bound to be some stress. There are also adjustments that need to be made around the house in order for your child to move safely and have fun. The kitchen is an important part of your home to adjust when you have kids around. Whether your babysitting children, or you have kids of your own, take these tips into your account when making your kitchen kid friendly.
- Make room for running and crawling children. Narrow walkways tend to not be kid friendly.
- Place step stools so that older children can reach the counter tops.
- Consider placing fun lighting to make the kitchen more inviting.
- Put shelves at kids height filled with healthy snacks and juices to snack on.
- Make sure to place drawer and cabinet locks on all of the kitchen cupboards you do not want the children getting into.
- Add a chalkboard or a dry erase board so the kids can color while you cook!
Just these few ideas will make your kitchen a more welcoming environment for children and adults alike.
Category: Apartment Life