Most renters know a few months ahead of time whether or not they plan on renewing their lease. There’s a lot that goes with moving and sometimes it can be hard to remember everything.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most important moving tips to help better ease you into your new apartment.
TWO MONTHS PRIOR
- Assess moving costs. Going with a moving company or renting a moving truck? Compare costs for both. Once you decide which route best fits your practical and financial needs, be sure to make a reservation.
- Fill out a change-of-address form at the post office.
- Schedule a disconnection of all your utilities. If you are moving locally, ask if you can transfer utilities to avoid installation costs.
- Consider hosting a moving sale.
- Pack a travel kit! Along with personal items visit our Moving Pinterest boards to make settling in to your new abode a little easier.
- Hire a cleaning service and plan a few days to clean thoroughly to ensure you receive your deposit.
- Confirm moving times with friends, movers or anyone else you may be assisting in the move.
- Make note of meter readings for utilities
- Ensure no moving items were damaged during the move.
- Be sure to have cash on hand.
Category: Apartment Life