Hi, everyone! Courtney from Pizzazzerie.com here! I’m so thrilled to share one of my favorite recipes with you!
With warmer weather around the corner, it’s time for spring and summer entertaining! Whether you’re hosting a baby shower, house warming, or just a neighborhood gathering, we all need a go-to “fancy” appetizer in our repertoire! This is my favorite fancy bite that is actually super simple to make. Impress your friends and family with this little “canapé”!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that they can be prepared ahead of time! Rejoice, hostesses! You won’t be burning up over the grill trying to get the perfect appetizer out to your guests. Whip out a tray of these cucumber pimento bites! They have a little kick that make them delectable!
Cucumber Pimento Bites
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 4-ounce jar diced pimentos (use the liquid too)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 8-10 chive stems
1. Slice cucumbers in thin slices (roughly ½-3/4” thick).
2. Use a melon baller (or small spoon) to scoop out the center of the cucumber, but be careful to scoop to the bottom. You want the pimento cheese to hold inside the cucumber.
3. To make pimento cheese: Combine cheddar cheese, diced pimentos, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce, and diced jalapenos. To cut the heat, leave jalapenos and hot pepper sauce out.
4. Scoop pimento cheese into cucumber bite.
5. Cut chives into 2-inch stems and place three into each cucumber pimento bite.
6. Serve & Enjoy!
Serves 20 cucumber bites
Category: Apartment Life