Hi! It’s Courtney, back again for more tailgating decoration + treat ideas! One thing I wanted to address was the look and feel of your tailgate. You do not have to go with a traditional tailgate look with grass green table covers and football cupcakes. Incorporate your own style into your tailgate. Do you love antiquing, visiting flea markets, and all things rustic? You’ll love this DIY…
This rustic treat stand is perfect for holding goodies at your tailgate. Host a tailgate brunch with cinnamon rolls and muffins or an afternoon tailgate with mini pies and tarts. The great thing is you can use this treat stand for other events like birthdays, showers, and holidays. My treat holder cost less than $10!
Here’s how to make it…
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1. 2 Baking Cake Pans (I found mine for $0.99 each at Goodwill)
2. 1 Candlestick (I found mine for $1.99 at Goodwill)
3. E6000 adhesive (you can find this at Michaels)
4. Spray paint (optional – I wanted to give my candlestick a pop of color)
HOW TO MAKE A RUSTIC TREAT STAND
1. If you’re going to spray paint your candlestick (wood or metal) for a pop of color, then prime it, spray it, and let it fully dry.
2. Measure the center of one of your baking pans (if they are different sizes, use your largest one). Add E6000 adhesive to the bottom rim of your candlestick and place over center mark of baking pan. Allow to dry for several hours (it will take 24 hours to fully dry but you can move to step 3 after 2-3 hours).
3. Measure the center of the bottom of your second baking pan (or smallest). Add E6000 adhesive to the top rim of the candlestick and place your second baking pan on top. Be sure it’s placed flat so your treat stand doesn’t lean. Allow to dry for 24 hours.
4. Fill with treats!