Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey sure got one thing right: abs. And those Victoria’s Secret models sure do have the secret to skinny. But why should they get all the credit? We can have some fun in the gym too! We gotta be stylin’ in the local college gym before we show up though so here are some tips on how to prepare.
What to wear?
- Boys, leave the short shorts at home. Unless you’re a marathon runner or from an 80’s basketball team they just aren’t appropriate anymore. Sorry about that.
- Find some good athletic shorts that don’t bare those white thighs, an old t-shirt (with or without sleeves is up to you), and some running shoes and you are good to go.
- Ladies, cover up. You don’t need anything hanging out or bouncing around when you’re trying to go for a run. Running shorts, an old tank or shirt, and some cute running shoes and you will look great.
What to bring?
- You don’t need much. Water, a towel, maybe a sweatshirt if it’s cold, and most importantly, your keys! Do not forget these. If you need a pass to get into your school gym like I do, then don’t forget that either.
What to do?
- First timers, the gym can be an intimidating place. Especially if your gym is as big as mine. If you have a friend who works out a lot, go with them a few times so they can show you the ropes. Then get to working on your own routine.
- No friends who work out? Maybe they should… But regardless if no one will go with you, jump on a cardio machine. The treadmill, elliptical, bike, or stair master are all good choices. Observe the people around you and see what they are doing. It will give you an idea of how those machines work.
- Get to a machine and find a weight that works for you. You should do 10-15 reps and be okay after to do more. Alternate this with a couple of machines and you’ll be completing a “set.”
- Tip from the pros says only to get on a machine next to someone attractive if you can keep up with them. Don’t want to look out of shape next to a cutie.
- Do it again. Make it a part of your everyday! Make it a lifestyle. You will start to look and feel amazing in no time!
Information and image from: http://www.survivingcollege.com/
How to Look Cool at Your College Gym article
Category: Fitness & Style