Laurie Cinotto posted a beautiful DIY cupcake stand on the site oncewed.com that we wanted to share!
What You’ll Need:
2 terra cotta saucers (she used a 7” and a 10” saucer, but you can mix and match as you choose)
2 terra cotta rose pots (The pots she used are 5” and 6” high. Feel free to use whatever size you like, just keep in mind they have to be taller than your cupcake with frosting!)
2 yards ribbon (or whatever you need to wrap around your saucers)
Decorative or scrap book paper
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Sponge paint brush
1. Begin by painting both sides of your terra cotta saucers and only the outside of the terra cotta rose pots with your acrylic paint and sponge brush (see figure one and two). Paint a second coat if needed.
2. Allow the paint to dry completely.
3. Turn the saucers upside down and glue the bottom of the rose pots to the back side of the saucers using your hot glue gun. Use a generous amount of glue. (see figure 3)
4. When the glue has dried, turn your cake stands right side up and carefully glue your ribbon to the edge of your saucers. (see figure 4)
5. Cut two circles out of your paper to line the inside of the saucers. (see figure 5)
6. Stack stands and arrange your cupcakes.
2 terra cotta saucers $7
2 terra cotta rose pots $3
acrylic paint $2.50
2 yards ribbon $4
1 sheet paper $1.50
Total = $18 for two stands
Pictures and project from oncewed.com by Laurie Cinotto