Courtney, from Pizzazzerie, has stopped by our blog today with an awesome Football Fudge Pie recipe that will be a hit at your next Homegating event!
If there is one thing I love it’s chocolate! And… football! This simple recipe combines the two in an easy dessert recipe that is perfect for your “homegating” parties. Let them shine as your dessert or whip up a football-themed dessert bar. Either way, this recipe is a sure crowd-pleaser. SCORE! I love the idea of homegating because so many of us enjoy football from home on TV! You can make your own favorite foods and invite friends over for the perfect football party.
Serve up these Football Fudge Pies on black and white striped “referee” napkins or on football plates. You could even add a little pizzazz with a cupcake skewer placed down in the pie (check your craft stores or make your own).
RECIPE FOR FOOTBALL FUDGE PIES
6 mini pie crusts (or 1 9-inch pie crust)
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups half & half
2 cups milk
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup vanilla frosting
1. Prebake pie crusts according to package instructions or until golden brown. Let cool.
2. Combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
3. Whisk in 2 cups of half & half until the mixture is smooth. Next, pour in your milk.
4. Whisk until mixture comes to a boil. It will begin to thick (roughly 10 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Continue stirring until smooth.
6. Carefully pour into the mini pie crusts and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
7. Place vanilla frosting in a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with corner snipped off) and pipe football lace lines.
8. Enjoy & Happy Homegating!
For a fun “swap out” – try making the football design on cookies or cupcakes too.
Courtney is the creator of the Pizzazzerie blog. Growing up in the South, she attended Vanderbilt University earning both a bachelors in Communications + masters in Organizational Leadership. Her expertise has been seen in HGTV.com, Nashville Lifestyles Magazine, Ladies Home Journal, AOL’s DIY Life, Get Married Magazine, and MarthaStewart.com. She works with brands such as Tostitos, Pier 1, Orville Redenbacher, Sterling Wines, Sierra Mist, and Lindt to connect consumers with their products in an entertaining setting. She writes for Disney,The Huffington Post, SHE KNOWS, Hostess With the Mostess, and Tablespoon.
Category: Food & Entertaining