ForRent.com® Décor by Me Pinterest® Contest Rules
Announcing the ForRent.com Décor by Me Pinterest contest, May 5th-23rd. Pin at least 20 of your dream décor must-haves for any room in your home. Use #DecorbyMe and @AptsForRent in each pin description. Use “Décor by Me Contest” as the board name. One board per entrant.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Follow the ForRent Account on Pinterest by selecting “Follow All”- @AptsForRent (http://www.pinterest.com/aptsforrent/ ).
2. Create a Décor by Me Contest board on Pinterest.
3. Pin at least 20 images of your décor style.
4. Use the hashtag #DecorbyMe with each pin and tag @AptsForRent.
5. It is highly encouraged to pin from ForRent.com’s Décor by Me-Inspirations for your board as well.
6. Submit the URL to your Décor by Me Contest pin board at http://www.forrent.com/blog/contests/decor-by-me-pinterest-contest to enter.
If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can create one for free here or submit your entries via email by sending them to email@example.com.
SPONSOR: ForRent.com (a division of United Advertising Publications, Inc.)
Please read these Official Rules before entering this Contest (the “Contest”). By participating in the
Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia (excluding the state of Rhode Island), age 18 or older (or the age of majority in entrant’s state of residence), who have a user account on Pinterest. If you do not meet any of these requirements or any other eligibility requirements in these Official Rules, you are not eligible to win a prize, and ForRent.com (a division of United Advertising Publications, Inc. (“Sponsor”) reserves the right not to award prizes to you. Employees and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) of (”Sponsor”), United Advertising Publications, Inc., or Dominion Enterprises, and any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Entities”) are not eligible to win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period. The Contest starts at 8:00 a.m. (all times Eastern Daylight Time) on May 5th, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on May 23rd, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
3. How to Enter. The following rules apply to each submission:
Step 1: If you are currently a member of Pinterest, please proceed to Step 3.
Step 2: To become a Pinterest Member: Go to https://www.pinterest.com/and follow the steps to register.
Step 3: Once a Pinterest member, create a Décor by Me Contest Board (hereinafter “Board”) on Pinterest. Only one (1) Board entry per person permitted.
Step 4. Follow ForRent.com’s Pinterest account – @AptsForRent (http://www.pinterest.com/aptsforrent/ ).
Step 5: Pin at least 20 of your dream décor must-haves for any room in your home. Contestants pin products, colors, designs, and aesthetics that identify your dream room. It is highly encouraged to pin images from ForRent.com’s Décor by Me Board, which can be found at http://www.pinterest.com/aptsforrent/decor-by-me-inspirations-for-you/. There must be a minimum of 20 (twenty) pins on your Board. Each pin must have #DecorbyMe and @AptsForRent in the description plus an explanation of the importance of the pin.
Step 6: Once your Board is created, simply link up your Board with the ‘Add to Link’ button on the contest announcement blog, http://www.forrent.com/blog/contests/decor-by-me-pinterest-contest within the Contest Period, to enter to win the $1,000 grand prize. Participants must include their “Name” and “E-mail” in the linkup provided in the contest announcement blog post, so ForRent.com can reach out to the winner via e-mail. If you are unable to add the link to the contest blog for some reason, email firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
By entering the Contest, entrant represents that entrant created the Board for his/her entry in the Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases ForRent.com, United Advertising Publications, Inc., Dominion Enterprises, its parents and affiliates from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which ForRent.com may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. ForRent.com reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. You acknowledge that in posting your Board it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant ForRent.com the right to so display. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
4. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One winner will receive a check for ($1,000) one thousand dollars.
5. Judging. Winners will be selected on or around May 27th, 2014 from among all eligible entries received by 11:59 p.m. EST on May 23rd, 2014. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity (40%), positive representation of brand message (20%), composition and style of expertise (20%), and following instructions (20%) of Board submitted. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Judges shall be a panel of no fewer than five (5) people with a background in marketing.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winners shall be notified via email on or around May 27th, 2014. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of email transmission. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
7. Contest on Social Media Networks: The winning Pinterest board may be announced on Facebook®, Google+™, Twitter® and Instagram® after the winner acknowledges receipt of e-mail notifying them that they won the contest. The winner will also be sent a brief set of interview questions inquiring about their Pinterest board inspiration.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Pinterest, Facebook, Google, Instagram or Twitter.
7. General Release: Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries and accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from an entrant’s participation in the Contest. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to these Official Rules and waives and releases Sponsor and Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, Pinterest and all other businesses involved in this Contest, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from, all claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Contest. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any Contest materials, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of any prize. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
ForRent.com is a registered trademark owned by United Advertising Publications, Inc., Pinterest is a registered trademark owned by Pinterest, Inc. Facebook® Google+™, Twitter® and Instagram® are trademarks of their respective owners and the Sponsor makes no claim to them.
If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please e-mail email@example.com.