ForRent.com Has Homegate Fever Pinterest Contest- Legal
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. The ForRent.com “The Ultimate Homegate Experience” Contest (the “Promotion”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years old or older at the time of entry; and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), that have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside by the start date of this Promotion as identified below. Employees and their immediate family (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and individuals residing in the same household (whether or not related) of United Advertising Publications, Inc., dba ForRent.com (”Sponsor”), Dominion Enterprises, or any of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all other entities or individuals associated with the development, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Entities”) are not eligible to win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
3. Entry. The Contest will begin at 09:00a.m. (EDT) on August 26, 2013, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on September 15, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). The following rules apply to each submission:
Step 1: If you are currently a member of Pinterest, please proceed to Step 3.
Step 2: To become a Pinterest Member: Go to https://pinterest.com/join/register/email/ and follow the steps to register.
Step 3: Once a Pinterest member, please create “ForRent.com Has Homegate Fever” Board (hereinafter “Board”) on Pinterest. Only one (1) Board entry per person permitted.
Step 4: Pin your homegating experience must-haves from the web and on blog.ForRent.com – Go to the blog.Forrent.com and pin five (5) of your favorite pins that represent your ultimate homegate experience from blog.ForRent.com, and pin two (2) pins from blog.Homes.com to your Board. Please include a link to your “Forrent.com Has Homegate Fever” Pinterest Board on our Contest announcement blog in the in-links comment section at blog.ForRent.com. There must be a minimum of 10 (ten) pins per Board. You must use the hashtag #HomegateFever on every pin.
Step 5: To Enter the Contest: – simply link up your Board with the ‘Add to Link’ button on the blog, within the Contest Period, to enter to win one (1) of three (3) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) gift cards. If you are unable to add the link to the contest blog for some reason, email firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
All entrants hereby agree that upon submission of their Board, ForRent.com shall have an unlimited license to reproduce the Board, and create any derivative works of the Board in perpetuity, including but not limited to editorial content regarding the Board, and that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates shall have the right to publish in any media whatsoever the Board (including any reproduction or derivative work) and use it in perpetuity, as well as the entrant’s name and likeness for any lawful purpose, including promotional purposes, without further compensation. By entering the Contest, entrant represents that entrant created the Board for his/her entry into this Contest. Upon entry, each entrant (on behalf of him/herself and his/her child/children) also releases ForRent.com from all liability arising from his/her entry in the Contest and use of the prizes, and agrees to sign any additional documentation which Forrent.com may reasonably request addressing this or any other Contest rules. ForRent.com reserves the right to request from any entrant additional documentation it reasonably believes is necessary to validate any entry or award any prize.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, post-due, misdirected, copied, transferred or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. You acknowledge that in posting your Board it will be freely accessible to the public and you grant ForRent.com the right to so display. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
3. Prizes. Three (3) Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Three (3) Winners shall each receive One (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) gift cards, redeemable for merchandise only. Contest may be presented in multiple presentations and in other media.
4. Judging. Winners will be selected on or around, September 20, 2013, from among all eligible entries received by September 15, 2013. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity (40%), positive representation of brand message (40%), composition and style of expertise (20%) of Board submitted. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Judges shall be a panel of no fewer than three (3) people with a background in marketing.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners shall be notified via email on or about September 20, 2013. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of email transmission. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within five (5) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For a winner list send a self-addressed, stamped, business-size envelope after September 20, 2013 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Sweepstakes Rules Request (Amber Heckler). Sponsor: ForRent.com 150 Granby Street, 16th Floor, Norfolk, VA 23510.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. Disclaimers. By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor and the Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from any participant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize(s), travel to or from any prize-related activity, participation in the Contest, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Entities will not be responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if, at its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
8. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, entrants release any and all Contest Entities and any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
10. Sponsor. The “The Ultimate Homegate Experience” Contest is sponsored by United Advertising Publications, Inc. dba ForRent.com whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please email email@example.com.