You may have read as part of our ’10 New Year’s Resolutions for Renters’ that getting fit was number five on our list. But what you may not know is the best way to do that. When most people think about getting fit, they think they need a gym membership. The problem here is that most renters aren’t familiar with the fabulous amenities they have within their own apartment community! So we’re here to tell you five reasons you should utilize your apartment community’s fitness center.
1. Location! Can you imagine a closer facility to work out in? Just a few streets down you’ll be at your gym. I will walk to my fitness center in the morning; it’s much shorter than having to start my car and fight traffic lights to go anywhere else! (Which considering I get up in the morning to work out, saves me precious minutes to sleep in!)
2. Sheer Convenience! Most fitness centers have better hours than typical gyms. The fitness center in my apartment community is 24 hours! Twenty-four hours! Can you believe that? I can work-out WHENVER I want! That’s a wonderful convenience to have, especially since most people are so busy these days.
3. No additional fees! You’re already paying rent to live within the apartment community. To utilize their fitness center is FREE to you! Why pay additional money to exercise, when most fitness centers have just about the same machines as gyms? Granted they may be a bit older, and there may only be one piece of each type of equipment, but remember, you’re not fighting as many people to work out there! And it’s FREE!
4. Privacy. When I went to the gym, I would NEVER be the only one there working out. There would always be 5-10 people beside me. Now if exercising with privacy is appealing to you, then the fitness center may be the best way to go. You’ll have to find a routine where most people don’t typically go (for my fitness center its right about 6:00-6:30 am-before work) and you’ll have as much privacy as you can ask for. Turn the TV to whatever channel you want. And you can have the freedom of exercising without any judgment from someone else!
5. And finally, BECAUSE YOU CAN! As you start searching for apartments to rent, you narrow them down based on a list, such as: location, price, amenities, etc. So, since you’ve picked this apartment to rent, the bigger question is why not work out there? If one of your New Year’s Resolutions really is to get in better shape and you want to save a little bit of $$, then BECAUSE YOU CAN, I say work out there!
We hope these reasons provide you with enough motivation to go and use the facility you have available. Whatever way you choose to accomplish your New Year’s Resolutions, we’re ecstatic! Here’s to a healthy 2009!
Category: Health and Fitness