If fitness is a priority in your life, you may want to consider looking at apartments with a gym on site. This can be a beneficial feature that adds convenience to your workout routine. It also can be a great way to save the money that you would otherwise be spending on a health club membership.
When you find a building with this kind of facility included, look for the types of equipment that will give you a variety of exercise options to choose from. Here are some things to keep an eye out for:
- Cardiovascular equipment, such as treadmills and elliptical trainers. Make sure there are a few of these available in the workout area so that if it is crowded you won’t spend time waiting for something to open up.
- Weight-training equipment. This can mean free weights and barbells or individual machines. Some facilities may even have both.
- Safety features. Make sure that the area or room isn’t somewhere that the general public could access and that it feels comfortable to you.
- Cleanliness and maintenance. Ask how often the facility is cleaned and how they maintain the machines. You’ll want to be sure things will be in working order and spotless.
- Extras. Amenities at some higher-end properties can include extras such as towel service, classes or even a pool. Certain places may even have things like massage service available.
Category: Health, Fitness, & Finances