When post people search for super bowl facts, the more interesting they are the better! So I searched through many websites and weeded out the not-so interesting stuff, to compile a list of 10 random facts I found interesting. I thought I’d share them with you….
1. The name “Super Bowl” was not used officially until the 3rd championship game in January 1969.
2. No NFL team has ever played the Super Bowl in their own stadium.
3. New Orleans and Miami have hosted the Super Bowl the most at 9 times.
4. Mike Ditka, Tom Flores, and Tony Dungy have all won a Super Bowl both as a player and a coach.
5. The following things have never happened in a Super Bowl: a scoreless first half, a shutout, an overtime game and a punt return for a touchdown.
6. 30-second TV commercials are believed to be costing close to $3 million this year. If this reported rate is true, how is it that we are in an economic crisis??
7. According to About.com, the amount of chips consumed on Super Bowl Sunday is over 14 tons!!
8. Eight million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
9. An average of 6% of people will call out on the Monday following Super Bowl Sunday.
10. The Super Bowl is measured in Roman numerals because a football season runs the span over two calendar years.
Now granted I’m a football impaired chick, so these facts may not be an over the moon spectacular or anything. But they sure made me say ‘uh…’ when I read them. Hope they gave you a little something to think about, or a least a much needed break from your busy day!