We all know a die-hard Black Friday shopper. They wake up at the crack of dawn, go get their doughnuts and coffee, and prepare to brave the masses, holiday shopping lists in hand.
Black Friday happens to terrify me, but I asked my buds on Facebook for some tips. In no particular order, here is their advice:
- John: It is the most exciting adrenaline rush you’ll ever have, pushing over old ladies to get a $5 mixer… its amazing.
- Justin: It’s like retail Calcutta and it’s rarely even worth it. Online deals, footy pajamas and Thanksgiving leftovers are the way to go.
- Megan: I went out last year for the first time. I hated it. People who would normally be indifferent are straight up rude. I do not ever plan on doing it again. Especially now that so many places have awesome deals online. I can wait for it to be shipped!
- Whitney: I went to Wal-Mart to get a storage container last year without realizing that Black Friday actually started Thanksgiving night…. I walked out with a Wii instead.
- Bree: OMG it’s my favorite day!
- Illana: No worries, there’s going to be a Black THURSDAY this year.
- Eric: Just wait until cyber monday, so much better.
Since it seemed John had the best handle on Black Friday shopping, I asked that he bestow some of his knowledge on me.
Here are some of his tips in no particular order:
- Have a game plan. Know what you want and what stores you want to hit. Window shopping is fun. Except on Black Friday.
- Bring a list and advertisements. This way you can remember the exact name and price of your future prized possession so there are no surprises.
- Wear sneakers. No brainer.
- Avoid shopping carts if you can help it. They are bulky and frequently get in the way.
I may not go out for Black Friday, but Cyber Monday? Until then, my Thanksgiving left-overs, footie pajamas and I have a date.
Category: Food & Entertaining