It’s no surprise that bar carts are topping the list of interior and event trends! They’re the perfect display table for cocktails, treats, and parties. You can often get lucky and find antique bar carts at flea markets or shop around for a new one to jazz up for years to come. They’re so versatile for any number of occasions, including NEW YEAR’S EVE! NYE is the quintessential holiday for all things glittered, confetti, and of course – champagne! I combined these faves into a “bar cart party” for NYE. I hope you find lots of inspiration and clever ideas for hosting your own home NYE soiree!
BAR CART BREAK DOWN
- The base layer! Most bar carts have a top and bottom, mine is a dark stained wood. I wanted to add little pizzazz for NYE so on the top, I set a simple gold serving tray for cocktails. I can easily lift it up and out for passing around. The bottom of the bar cart got a pop of fun with a roll of cute wrapping paper cut to the fit the bottom. Adhere with a little double sided tape for easy removal and your party is coming together.
- Cocktails! NYE is all about the champagne. So I made the champagne the focus by displaying champagne glasses and mini bottles of champagne. The bottom of the tray holds an ice bucket with a larger bottle for chilling.
- Break out the party horns – it’s almost midnight! A tall glass vase is the perfect vessel for holding fun party horns. Reuse a few stems of silver or gold holiday decorations and top them off with party horns for quick grabbing! You could even add NYE party hats too!
- Statement Bow – Ribbon adds a quick sparkle to anything, especially a bar cart! Check out holiday ribbon on sale to find a glittered gold like the white and gold dot ribbon I used. A big oversized bow adhered to the corner of the bar cart gives it a truly festive sparkle.
- It’s almost midnight! Remember, clocks are the main theme for NYE so add a clock theme by pulling over a standing clock or setting a table clock right on your bar cart!
- Balloons! Balloons make everything better! I found these cute “Pop Fizz Clink” balloons in black and gold from The Flair Exchange on Etsy, and I knew they were the perfect touch!
- Treats for guests! Whether you serve a fancy dinner or just appetizers, let the bar cart hold a few sweet treats for your guests. Pick up silver and gold wrapped chocolates and place in glass containers for easy grabbing! Your guests will thank you!
- Fun Signs! Print out some fun signs like “Time to drink champagne and dance on the table!” and “Auld Lang Syne my dear” for adorning the bar cart!
Happy New Year’s!