TAILGATE FARE: TOUCHDOWN TACO BITES
When you want to switch up the tailgate food from burgers and hot dogs to something a little different, these TOUCHDOWN TACO BITES are perfect!
Not only are they super cute (isn’t everything cute in “mini” size?) but they’re delicious and totally customizable for your favorite flavors.
Serving up easy foods to eat at a tailgate is key for avoiding messy spills, keeping it easy and fun, and ensuring guests get to try a little of everything.
I absolutely love using toothpicks, wooden skewers, and cocktail forks to create tasty little bites that stay together for guests and allow them to enjoy the food while mixing and mingling!
When it comes to football, guy favorites prevail but the gals will also love these taco bites. Fresh avocado, sliced tomatoes and other toppings come together for a delicious “mini” version of the classic taco!
- Flour Tortillas
- 1”-2” round circle cookie cutter
- Shredded cheese
- Grilled chicken
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cocktail Skewers (Mine were created by Sucre Shop)
HOW TO ASSEMBLE TACO BITES
- Use a 1” to 2” circle cookie cutter to create mini round shapes from flour tortillas. For a slight crunch, toast tortillas on a pan over medium heat before cutting out circles.
- Add a pinch of shredded cheese on half of the tortilla rounds.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of shredded cheese.
- Top tomatoes with a small slice of grilled chicken.
- Add a small bite of avocado to the grilled chicken and finish with another round.
- Skewer with cocktail forks + enjoy!
- Be sure to make lots as this football fare will go fast!
For more tailgate decorating ideas, recipes, + more – stay tuned for more ideas here on For Rent’s blog!
Growing up in the South, she attended Vanderbilt University earning both a bachelors in Communications + masters in Organizational Leadership. Her expertise has been seen in HGTV.com, Nashville Lifestyles Magazine, Ladies Home Journal, AOL’s DIY Life, Get Married Magazine, and MarthaStewart.com. She works with brands such as Tostitos, Pier 1, Orville Redenbacher, Sterling Wines, Sierra Mist, and Lindt to connect consumers with their products in an entertaining setting. She writes for Disney,The Huffington Post, SHE KNOWS, Hostess With the Mostess, and Tablespoon.