Citrus-Rosemary Rubbed Turkey
- 2 tbp minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 tsp grated fresh or dried orange peel
- 1-1/2 tsp grated fresh or dried lemon peel
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 turkey (13 to 15 pounds)
1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; pat dry.
3. Brush with oil; rub rosemary mixture over turkey.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
5. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Category: Food & Entertaining