One spoonful of this mason jar dark chocolate raspberry trifle will have you addicted and craving more. Shelley from House of Smiths shares her delicious recipe for dark chocolate raspberry trifle which has fewer calories and fat than most other trifle recipes. Here’s how to get started:
- Dark chocolate pudding/mousse (make with unsweetened almond milk and chill until set)
- Low fat cream cheese mixture (whip 1 pint of whipping cream, 1 block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese and ¼ cup of artificial sweetener together)
- Dark chocolate wafer cookies
- Raspberry purée (blend fresh raspberries)
- Small piece of grated dark chocolate (garnish)
Assembly is very easy – simply layer all of the ingredients in a small jar until filled. Tip: Go with thin layers, which will allow enough space to fit all the ingredients in the jar nicely.
1) Start with a wafer cookie on the bottom of the jar
2) Add cream cheese mixture
3) Top with another wafer cookie
4) Spread raspberry purée on top
5) Repeat steps 1-4 and add dark chocolate shavings for garnish
After assembling all of the chocolate raspberry trifle jars, place the lid on each jar and keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set. The cookie should change to a cake-like texture.
If you prefer to make this for a larger gathering and do not have enough mini jars for single servings, use a large glass pan instead. Customize this dessert to how you’d like – you can swap out the chocolate cookies for vanilla, opt-out on fruit, or use strawberries or blueberries instead. Make this recipe your own!
Category: Food & Entertaining