Spicy Seven Layer Dip
Items you’ll need:
1-2 cans Refried beans
Container of Avocado Dip
1-2 tubs of Sour Cream
1 lb of ground beef/turkey/chicken
1 Green Pepper (diced)
Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
1 bag of Shredded Cheddar or Taco/Mexican Cheese
1-2 bags of Tortilla chips (recommended Tostitos Gold Tortilla Chips as they are thicker & will hold the dip better)
- First Layer: Heat up the refried beans in the microwave until it becomes smooth (a few minutes), you’ll need to spread a flat layer on your pan. Then let it cool.
- Second Layer: smooth over the avocado dip onto of refried beans layer leaving a ¼ to 1/8th of an inch on the side.
- Third Layer: smooth sour cream over the avocado dip, also leaving ¼ to 1/8th of an inch on the side (so you can start to see the layers on the side of the pan).
- Fourth Layer: sprinkle the ground beef onto of the sour cream layer. For a healthier alternative you can use ground turkey or chicken. Depending on your taste you can lightly sprinkle or pile on the meat. (or none for vegetarian dip)
- Fifth Layer: add the diced green pepper on the ground meat
- Sixth Layer: add Jalapeno peppers onto of the green peppers (more if you like extra spice, less if not too spicy)
- Seventh layer: depending on your preference for cheese, you can sprinkle or just dumb the whole bag (evenly distributed) on top of the entire dip!
This dip can be refrigerated until needed, so you can do this in the morning, make all your preparations for the party and bring it out as guests start to arrive.
Category: Food & Entertaining