Chocolate Truffle Cakes
Looking for a sweet Valentine’s Day treat to share with that someone special? If the answer is yes, you’ll fall in love with Pizzazzerie’s decadent truffle cakes! Be sure to follow the instructions below to make a batch of your own.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup evaporated condensed milk
- 2-2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat sour cream, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and cake and pudding mix for 2-3 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired. Take a cake pop pan and fill each hold with a scoop of batter. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-22 minutes. Allow to cool. Make your chocolate “glaze” for the truffle cakes by melting butter, evaporated milk, and sugar on the stovetop in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and stir in 2/3 cup chocolate chips. Spoon over truffle cakes until covered. Decorate and enjoy!
- Enjoy at any occasion – celebrate a birthday with chocolate truffles as an alternative to cake, enjoy the big game and decorate these truffles with your team colors, or welcome a new neighbor with a nicely packaged bag of these goodies. Discover your passion for baking and more with ideas from ForRent.com’s Apartment Living Blog.