- 4 8-inch rice paper (spring roll) wrappers
- 2 cups packed shredded or baby lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 strips cooked thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- salt to taste
- If making your own lime mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and 1 teaspoon of chili sauce. Taste for spiciness then add more chili sauce if needed. Season with salt. Store covered in refrigerator and keep up to a week.
- Dip a rice paper into a plate of warm water for 5-10 seconds; shake off excess water and place on a clean kitchen towel or cutting board. Stack shredded or baby lettuce leaves on the lower third of the rice paper. Add tomatoes then a strip of bacon. Spread about 2 teaspoons of lime mayonnaise then top with some more lettuce.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper up over the lettuce, tomato and bacon. Fold in the sides, then roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. If one of the wrappers rips, carefully overlap the two edges then continue to assemble the roll.
-1 cup quinoa, dry
-2 cups water
-2 cups sliced strawberries
-Crumbled Feta Cheese, to taste (I probably used 1/3 cups)
-1 T basil, fresh or dry
-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
-2-3 T honey
-1 T olive oil
1. In a small pot, bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Refrigerate for about an hour or until room temperature.
2. In a large bowl or tupperware, mix together quinoa, sliced strawberries, feta cheese, chopped walnuts and basil. Then drizzle on honey and olive oil. Toss
3. Serve cold or at room temperature!
Category: Apartment Life