Dear Fair Housing Lady:I have been attending your classes and reading your articles for what seems like years now. Do you ever get bored keeping up with all of the Fair Housing issues for our apartment industry?
Sincerely, Just Wondering
It not only seems like years that I have been teaching fair housing, it actually has been years (decades in fact). Do I get bored with this? Nope! I have had the opportunity to meet great people who want to do things right, and that has been very inspiring to me. Being a small part of contributing to equal housing opportunity has been a most fulfilling part of my career. And it can be fun, too. In fact, since it is the holiday season and people of many faiths and cultures will be giving gifts, here is my small gift to FRMS customers. A word search giving you some interesting tidbits on fair housing, but only if you are willing to look for them. The clues are below, so learn and enjoy. The first person who gets back to me via email with a list of the correct answers will win a $25 Starbuck’s card. And should you become stuck or frustrated, I am only an email away with the answers: [email protected].
FAIR HOUSING FACTOIDS
N O S N H O J S W N I K A E B
G T F R U S T M I J Z P C D R
A F E U O E B K D L R I S I E
N T Z S E L L K V I F H E S A
P C N R T A O H L F Q A Y A T
V A I A W E Y C O R H N I B H
N N C H S M R G I E N D X I I
G O H O E L N E N T T I R L N
E G N Z N I K A T S M C O I G
R H B E S R G H K O W A I T I
T N O A X A A I M P H P V Y B
M L E L E J N E E O I H A B Z
D L N R O G N E U H P Y H K O
W L E Q M G Z G I E E V E W H
M E N T A L O T L X T V B F A
- His death was the impetus for the Fair Housing Act.
- Fair Housing Month.
- One of the original protected classes.
- The cap on punitive damages in a Fair Housing civil case.
- This is the basis for the most HUD complaints.
- A service animal is not this.
- Usually the only place that the ADA applies at your community.
- Refusing to show or rent upstairs apartments to families.
- This is what your rules should target – not children.
- Omitting this from your advertising is foolish.
- This must be posted where it can be seen.
- The race without Fair Housing Protection.
- A person who pretends to be a prospect.
- A major life activity under the FHA.
- A type of disability under the FHA.
- Can you require a service animal be neutered?
- US President when the FHA was enacted.
- US President when the FHAA was enacted.
- One of the two 1988 federally protected classes.
- Did you know he can be used in your advertising?
- This type of closet can be advertised.
Fair Housing Lady is the alter-ego of Nadeen Green, Senior Counsel with For Rent Media SolutionsTM. While that makes her our attorney, she is not yours, so her information is not legal advice for you. She would love to have your questions for future newsletter appearances (so she doesn’t have to make the questions up, which is just extra work), so send them to [email protected].