INTERNSHIP – Social Media
For Rent Media SolutionsTM is currently seeking a Social Media Intern responsible for the coordination, content development, execution and analysis of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and social networking/marketing programs that support ForRent.com and its sister Web sites. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Enthusiasm is a must. The position is located in Norfolk, VA.
The Social Media intern is primarily responsible for using their expertise in the social media arena to unleash the marketing potential locked within every day conversations around our brands. This role requires a highly motivated, self-starter with a strategic vision of the social media landscape to infuse social media best practices across all aspects of the business. This job entails leveraging this unique knowledge and expertise to assist the development of sound social strategies, identify trends, writing and optimizing Web copy, and create and implement best practices.
The Social Media Intern with be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining social media and networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, LinkedIn, Yahoo! Answers, etc.) in order to promote the brand and acquire new customers; report on key metrics showing success.
- Strategizing and recommending optimization of all digital channels and local landing pages, including: SEO, linking campaigns, and blogs and recommending new digital channels and tactics.
- Assist with developing/editing copy and content for blogs, local landing Web sites, Web pages and social networking sites.
- Pull search phrase research for use in writing Web content.
- Research local specifics for use in copywriting
- Obtaining or having obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or closely related field.
- Experience or training in journalism, and/or copy writing is a plus. Creative passion is a must
A strong working knowledge of interactive media – balancing usability with creativity, maintaining a high level of urgency in an environment of immediacy and high visibility, demonstrated ability to manage projects and achieve results working through and with others, able to multi-task and prioritize are essential for success. Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills. Comfort level with rapid change and fast paced environment
- A strong knowledge/familiarity with the internet and social media.
- Experience in research and reporting data and trends
- Outstanding writing skills and excellent grammar
- Tech savvy on social media functionality
- Passionate about social media
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Previous marketing experience
- Experience with social media and understands how to leverage these tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
This is a PART-TIME, PAID internship. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected].