For both men and women, the perfect apartment involves careful consideration of furniture and decor. So what are some of the must-haves for the bachelor and the bachelorette pad to make their apartment both functional and stylish?
In 2010, 31 million U.S. households consisted of a single person. 
More than 40% of households in these large cities have just one renter.
- San Francisco
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- You can go for the classic or modernist route.
- Feature good wine storage and a stock wide array of domestic and imported beers.
- Refrigeration, water, ice and other essentials should be nearby.
Awesome Couch 
- Purchase a couch that’s extremely comfortable.
- You’ll be spending a lot of your time on the couch, so make it count.
Leather Chair 
This should be a place of comfort where a man can relax.
- Place to rest arms.
- Way to recline.
- Storage for books.
- Angular lines. (Which give off a masculine look)
Basic Bed 
- Simplicity is key.
- Keep it clean.
- Add pillows and a top sheet to your bottom sheet and spread
- Stick to grays and solid colors.
Bold Accents 
- Balance a bold accent color with neutral colors.
- Try to use the accent color twice, but subtly.
Chic Lighting 
- Replace boring light fixtures with something that expresses your personality.
- Chandeliers are often a good choice.
- Dimmer lights can help you adjust ambiance.
- Lighting changes can help you both decorate and improve the atmosphere.
Colorful Plants 
- Plants help make an apartment look beautiful; add some colorful unique foliage, such as orchids or other flowering plants.
- There are other advantages, as well. Plants can help:
- Neutralize harmful chemicals in the air.
- Provide pleasant scents throughout your home.
- Creatively inspire people living there.
- Relieve stress for the inhabitants.
Handmade Rugs 
- They’re more durable than machine-made rugs.
- They’re typically created with silk, cotton, or wool.
- In general, rugs provide warmth, comfort, and a way to add patterns and colors to a room. 
Wallpapered Kitchen 
- Take a kitchen full of dull appliances and give it some style.
- Vibrant wallpaper with cool colors and patterns can improve the kitchen quickly.
- If wallpaper is not an option, there are unique wall decals that, while not reusable, are removable.
Floating Bookcases 
- Instead of using bookcases that sit on the floor and take up space, use ones mounted on walls.
- NOTE: Property managers may not allow items such as bookcases to be mounted to the wall, double check before installing any permanent fixtures.
- Wall shelves and floating bookcases can both liven up a room and be functional.
- They can be rearranged to revamp a room.
- They can store books, photographs, and other decorative items or can be used to partition a large room into defined, smaller spaces.
Whether you’re male or female and looking to decorate your apartment, think about your priorities; consider functionality, aesthetics, and space-conservation. There are many ways to add style, comfort, and usefulness to a room with just a few touches.
NOTE: Before adding any design features to you pad, check with your property manager for rules and regulations.
Embed this infographic on your own site
Copy and paste the code below into your blog post or web page:
Category: Decorating & Entertaining