When you are renting an apartment, you might want to consider the other rentals that are available to you. Whether you need temporary help, can’t afford to purchase outright or are just looking for the least amount of hassle, here are some apartment renting 101 tips to think about during your time as a tenant:
- Storage for your things. Whether you want to rent some space in your parent’s basement or go for a storage facility, it can be a good solution if you simply have too much stuff.
- Gardening equipment. This is a great choice for those living in an apartment that want to do some work in their yard but don’t want the hassle of buying and storing equipment.
- A car, bicycle or scooter. Renting a car, bicycle or scooter can be a great temporary solution if you are waiting for your vehicle to ship or haven’t yet saved up the money to buy something. You might even be able to split the cost with a roommate.
- Furniture. If your goods are being shipped cross-country or from overseas you might want to get a few items in the apartment to make life easier in the meantime.
- Electronics. You can rent items such as a DVD player if you are still saving for your own.
- Baby furniture. If you don’t want to buy this outright and give away later or store, this can be a great option.
Category: Apartment Renting 101