If you are an artist or art lover, the apartments in Olympia area are definitely worth a look. Downtown Olympia is known for being the regional center of the arts for the South Sound. Here are just a few examples:
- Harlequin Productions – Performing in Olympia State Theatre, a former dollar-house movie theater, Harlequin offers a year-round season of live-theater classics, musicals, and new works.
- Batdorf & Bronson and Café Vita – Two small caffeinated art galleries. These downtown coffeehouses hold fantastic collections of Olympia’s most inspiring artists.
- Olympia Art Walks – Every spring and fall, the streets of downtown turn into one giant gallery. Over a hundred businesses participate in this exhibition of talented local artists.
- Olympia Film Society – Every week, a non-profit group called The Olympian Film Society screens some of the best, most underrepresented, examples of classic and independent cinema at the historic Capitol Theatre.
- Olympia Film Festival – The Olympia Film Society also holds a famous ten-day festival that screens independent films from all over America. The festival plays host to round-the-clock premiers, panels, and special performances by visiting filmmakers.