Being new to any town can be overwhelming, from filling out change of address forms and navigating the streets in your area to getting your cable hooked up and setting up your phone service. Regardless of where you decide to hang your hat, the logistics of moving into a new place are the same and equally exhausting.
South Bend’s government website, www.southbendin.gov, is an outstanding resource to help you get settled in your new South Bend rental. On this site you will find:
- links and updates to help you get to know the city and upcoming events
- information about local laws and ordinances
- winter weather guidelines and details about snow removal
- listings of fees for things such as trash pickup and recycling
- maps of South Bend streets, parks and recreation areas
- contact information for all of the things a new resident needs to have (phone, cable, water, gas, electricity, etc) and know (voter registration, DMV, schools, public transportation)
If you have difficulty finding rentals in South Bend, check out its neighboring town for Elkhart rentals.