What if you want to get an apartment but need a little bit of credit help? Getting your credit rating in shape is possible with a little bit of effort, if you know how to go about it. Here are some things that can help you get started and keep you from making your situation worse in the meantime:
- First of all, find out exactly what is on your credit report. Order a copy and see what you are dealing with so you know what steps to take to insure that it is in the best shape possible.
- Keep from making any new marks on your score. Pay your bills on time as missed payments can really have a negative impact.
- Avoid adding to your credit card load. Take the time to catch up a bit rather than charging on the cards.
- Don’t automatically cancel cards. It may actually hurt your score.
- If possible, pay down your debt as much as possible.
- If you find your credit report isn’t in as good a shape as you might like, consider credit counseling. It can help you get set up with some information and format a solid debt repayment plan that works for your situation.