Moving to a new apartment can be exciting – after all, it provides a fresh start and an opportunity to decorate your space in a way that shows your personality. However, in order to get ready for the big move, you have to pack up all of your belongings! This may be the least exciting part of the entire moving process, so here are a few tips to make your next move a smooth one:
2. Now is the perfect time to purge anything that you don’t need. Less clutter means less items that you have to pack up and move to your new apartment!
3. When packing boxes, be sure to label them by room and contents so you’ll be able to easily identify which boxes should go where in your new apartment. The earlier you pack, the less stressful it will be come moving day!
4. You can rent a dolly or borrow one from your community to alleviate having to go back and forth to grab boxes.
5. If you have a lot of belongings and not much room in your vehicle to transport them, you may want to rent a moving truck.
6. If you’d rather sit back and let someone else pack and move for you, consider hiring an experienced moving company.
7. Family and friends are always willing to help out, too, so reach out to them – just be sure to offer a ‘thank you’ incentive for all of their assistance!
8. Be sure to plan for your utilities at your new apartment to be turned on in time for your move. These include electricity, water, sewage, garbage, phone, internet, and cable.
9. Complete a “Change of Address” form with the USPS to be sure that mail is forwarded to your new address.
10. Change your address with your state (for legal IDs, including Driver’s License), your bank, and anyone else that you receive mail from.
Planning ahead can help the moving process run smoothly, so take these tips into consideration when you’re getting ready for your next move. Check out ForRent.com’s Ultimate Mover’s Checklist for more ideas to help with the big move! Once you’ve moved in, here are some great ideas for decorating your new space!
Category: Moving into Your New Apartment