So what will you need to buy in order to pack up your things and how can you get yourself some cheap moving supplies–or even free ones? Smart moving goes beyond mere boxes and tape. Here are some things to consider that can really help cut your moving costs:
- One of the best pieces of advice is to begin packing early so that you can avoid purchasing too many moving supplies. If you do a little at a time you’ll know how much you need.
- Save newspapers for a while prior to your move. They make for good packing material.
- Use plain popcorn for packing delicate or fragile things. You can make extra and snack on the rest.
- Ask everyone you know to save you boxes. If you know a local store owner, ask them too.
- Watch sale papers for discounts on moving supplies.
- Keep an eye out for coupons that will get you a cheap truck rental.
- Ask friends to help you move.
- Clean house before packing and get rid of absolutely everything you don’t need. You’ll have less to bring with you.
- Make sure you don’t rent a truck or van that is too big.