When you move you’ll have to decide if you want to rent a truck and move yourself or if you want to hire a moving company to do it for you. Sorting through the details of moving quotes can be a hassle if you don’t have a plan for choosing one. Here are some things to keep in mind for your search:
- Know what you are looking for. Do you want the moving company to do it all or are you going to move smaller items yourself? Think this through and know what you are going to need from a company before you go looking. Specifics can help.
- Get an estimate in writing and make sure you know if it is a binding agreement or not.
- Make sure you know if the estimate includes everything or if there are any hidden charges.
- Ask what training the movers have had.
- Don’t forget to request references and make sure you check them. Also check them out with agencies such as the Better Business Bureau and any local consumer affairs groups to be sure they have no complaints.
- Know without a doubt what the liability arrangements are with the moving company. There are different ways this can be done and you will want to be sure you are protected.