Self storage may be a great thing to consider if you are moving to a small apartment or relocating temporarily and you have nowhere to put items that you either can’t or don’t want to get rid of. There are a host of self storage facilities out there; here are some things to look into when trying to decide which is right for you:
- Is there a good security system? You’ll want to be sure your belongings are well protected.
- Is it located conveniently? An inexpensive storage space may not be worth it if you can’t get to it easily. Also, don’t forget the cost of gas to get there.
- Can I get to my things when I want to? Think about what your needs are in terms of access and be sure to check the hours of the facility to be sure they work for you.
- Is it climate controlled? This may not be an issue, depending on what you are storing, but if the items can’t take extremes in temperature, you’ll want a climate controlled unit.
- Make sure the place is clean and dry.
- Ask what they do to make sure that pests don’t get into your things.