Most Sought After Amenities
Gone are the days where all we looked for in an apartment was, “how many beds/baths?” With the ability to do advanced searches online, more and more communities began to add all sorts of amenities. This is a great thing for the current, or soon to be, apartment hunter. It allows you to choose the community that tailors to your wants and needs. Of course, no community can offer you every amenity under the sun and still stay within the average person’s budget. So, we have put together a list of the amenities that are searched for the most on ForRent.com. See if they line up with what you want in your next apartment.
Top Amenity Searches:
- Washer/Dryer in Unit. This is very important for a lot of people. It would make laundry day easy and convenient, however, it would also add to your water bill.
- Washer/Dryer Hookups. Even if the apartment doesn’t supply the appliances, a lot of people still want the hookups so they can purchase their own washer/dryer.
- Air Conditioning. Being too hot is the absolute worst. Depending on where you live and weather conditions, AC should be at the top of your list!
- Furnished Available. Want to move in without the hassle of buying furniture? This option is for you.
- Patio or Balcony. Great for entertaining or just relaxing with a book.
- Hardwood Floors. Depending on your taste in décor, this could be an important feature for you.
- Dishwasher. Let’s face it, cleaning dishes isn’t fun.
- Walk-in Closets. For the fashion conscious among us, the more space for clothes, the better.
If anything from this list appeals to you, try using it in your search during your apartment hunt. You’ll be surprised how many communities offer these amenities. Find ones that match your needs, and you may just find your dream apartment.