When you think of toothpaste the first thought that comes to mind is brushing your teeth. However, did you know there are several other uses for this minty paste, besides keeping your smile looking fabulous? Try these 10 tips and tricks around your home using non-gel toothpaste. You will be amazed at how awesomely this everyday household product can make a difference in your home.
1. Wall Cleaner: Do you have marks on your wall from the crayon fairy? Did that hand print just magically appear? Use a damp cloth and a dab of toothpaste to remove marks from your wall.
2. Patch Walls: We all love to hang artwork on our walls. The downside to this is that holes are created. Patch up your nail holes with a touch of toothpaste, let them dry, and voila! You now have hole free walls.
3. Remove Watermarks: Get rid of watermarks on your coffee table by rubbing toothpaste into the wood with a non-abrasive cloth. The watermark will magically disappear before your eyes.
4. Shoe Cleaner: Remove scuff marks from your sneakers with toothpaste and a toothbrush. For leather shoes, use an old rag and toothpaste to get rid of those unwanted marks.
5. Remove Fabric Stains: Wipe away fabric stains with toothpaste. Apply the paste to your article of clothing and rub into the stain before putting it into the wash.
6. Iron Cleaner: Remove grime from your iron by rubbing toothpaste onto the bottom and then wipe it clean.
7. Defogger: Defog your bathroom mirror by scrubbing it with toothpaste, wiping away the excess. Next time you are in the shower, your mirror will resist the fog. Want to get even more creative? Wipe your swimming goggles with toothpaste and you won’t have to worry about foggy goggles again.
8. Bug Bites & Bee Stings: After being outside during the summer months, there is nothing worse than getting bit by mosquitoes. Relieve the itch by putting a dab of toothpaste on the bite. If you are stung by a bee, first remove the stinger. Once the stinger is removed, put toothpaste on the irritated area to relieve the pain.
9. Burn Relief: Ease the pain of a burn by rubbing a touch of toothpaste on the skin. Toothpaste will not heal a burn, but it will definitely alleviate the pain.
10. Hand deodorizer: Do you love to cook with garlic and onions, but can’t stand the smell on your hands afterwards? Wash your hands with toothpaste and the smell will disappear!
Who would have known that this inexpensive remedy can be used on a daily basis around your home, and not just on your teeth? Toothpaste will definitely be in high demand around your home after trying out a few of these tips and tricks. Do you have any other uses for your toothpaste?