Some things you don’t want to be caught moving in without:
- An alarm clock. Mom’s not around to wake you up for school anymore and you need to get to class on time! Get one.
- A computer. You could probably make it through college without one, but it won’t be fun for you. Laptops have gone down in prices a lot, just make sure you get one with all your requirements.
- A good bathrobe. You’ll be walking to a from the showers a lot, you’re gonna want good coverage, especially in co-ed halls.
- Shower flip flops. Trust me, you won’t want to touch that floor.
- A small basket for shampoos, conditioners, and what not to carry to the showers. It’s a good idea for it to be waterproof.
- Hygienic materials. Soap, shampoo, razor… You know what you need.
- Linens. A lot of dorms require extra long twin sheets. Check and see what yours needs and get on it!
- Cleaning supplies. Nothing crazy, some cleaning wipes, glass cleaner, and maybe a broom.
- First aid stuff and medication. Cold remedy, cough drops, band-aids, you’re going to need this stuff living in close quarters with so many people.
- School supplies. I love shopping for school supplies. New pens, pencils, notebooks, scissors, you name it have fun with it. You probably don’t need crayons anymore, but don’t forget a stapler.
- Backpack. You will be lugging a lot of books and a laptop around. Make sure you get a bag that is comfortable and sturdy.
- Laundry supplies. Get a good laundry bag that’s easy to carry, laundry detergent, and fabric softener if you’re feeling pampered.
Get the essentials and make yourself at home!