I’m Pamela of PB&Jstories and so happy to be here today discussing how to clear the clutter, and
get things put in place! One of my biggest New Year resolutions for 2012 was to be organized.
I think organization can make turn a house into a happier home. If things have a certain place to
go, it’s easier to be neat and tidy and you can spend more time enjoying time with family, instead
of cleaning up messes!
An easy way to obtain organization throughout your house is to have one area in each room that
has a dedicated spot for commonly used things.
Here’s a few ways to stay organized in your kitchen;
– Create a recipe center where you can collect recipe cards, or a notebook filled with your
favorite recipes. Have a spot that you can collect magazines with quick reference recipes that
you can flip too and pick a meal any night of the week.
– Have your own version of a command center where your family’s notes and important reminders can be posted for all to see. A simple DIY made white board, and folders keep family notes and and to do’s easily seen by all.
(source: SAS Interiors)
– Something that acts as a “landing spot” for your purse, wallets, keys to help keep clutter to a small area.
– Organization doesn’t always have to cost a lot of money. Be creative when coming up with ideas of how to store and display your goods. Using a magazine rack flipped on its back to store canned goods, or an old crate repurposed to hold paper towels. Use small wood crates stained and labeled to help keep pantry food organized together.
– Reorganize your cupboards to maximize space and be sure everything has its own spot.
With just a few helpful hints, you can turn any room into a more organized, and cleaner room for you and your family.
ForRent.com is going to help jump-start your organization for your home with the chance to win a $25 value Gift Card to Bed, Bath & Beyond! All you have to do is share YOUR favorite organizational tip on their Facebook page at facebook.com/aptsforent. Good luck!