This recipe will be great for your next cookout, especially for those people (like me) who don’t eat red meat.
Grilled Chipotle Marinated Chicken:
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies with some of the adobo sauce
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (3 pounds) whole chicken cut into pieces
Place garlic, onion, chipotle peppers and vinegar into blender. Puree until smooth, and then add water, lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper and hot sauce.
Blend until incorporated, and then add Worcestershire until mixed. Pour marinade over chicken in a large bowl, and toss to coat.
Cover, and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight.
Preheat outdoor grill on medium heat and lightly oil grate. Remove chicken from marinade, and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade.
Grill chicken until juices run clear, turning frequently, about 20 minutes.
Photo and recipe by Bookcooking.net