For Rent Media Solutions wants to wish everyone a Happy (and safe) Thanksgiving! Gobble, Gobble. So here’s a fun Thanksgiving Day Quiz and Fun Facts.
Thanksgiving Day Trivia:
How much do you know about Thanksgiving history? See if you can answer these questions below and check out some fun facts about turkey day too! (The answers to the quiz are at the bottom of the page)
1. In what year did the Pilgrims come to North America?
2. What was the name of the ship the Pilgrims sailed on?
3. What ocean did the Pilgrims sail across to reach North America?
4. Where did the Pilgrims ship land when they reached North America?
5. When was Thanksgiving day named as a ‘real’ holiday?
– Americans feast on 535 million pounds of turkey at Thanksgiving!
– Turkeys can drown if they look up when it is raining.
-The average person consumes 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day! (Now that’s a lot of turkey!)
– A wild turkey has excellent vision and hearing. Their field of vision is about 270 degrees. This is the main reason they continue to elude some hunters.
– A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour! They can also burst into flight approaching speeds between 50-55 mph in a matter of seconds. Domesticated turkeys, however, cannot fly.
-Did you also know that Benjamin Franklin wanted the national bird to be a turkey? (It was between a Turkey or an Eagle-aren’t you glad the Eagle won!)
1. December 1620
2. The Mayflower
3. The Atlantic Ocean
4. Plymouth-Plymouth Rock
5. George Washington proclaimed a National Day of Thanksgiving in 1789, but President Lincoln made it official by proclaiming the last Thursday in November as a national day of “Thanksgiving”.