Earlier this year on April 2nd, America celebrated National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. That’s right, the sandwich gets its own day. PB&J’s are wonderful quick sandwiches that are enjoyed by all ages. While it’s not April 2nd anymore, you can enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches any day of the year.
Here are some variations on the classic recipe:
- Peanut butter and fried egg sandwich
- Peanut butter and pickle sandwich
- Peanut butter and spicy mustard sandwich
- Peanut butter and greek yogurt sandwich
- Peanut butter and Fluff (marshmallow filling) sandwich
You can also try frying or grilling your PB&J, similar to how you would make a grilled cheese. Spread on butter to your bread, grill, then add peanut butter and jelly and continue grilling till warm and cooked.
What is your favorite way to make a peanut butter and jelly? PB&Js are a childhood classic that are still eaten by many adults! You can even make mini sandwiches for your next party. Happy eating!