Are the walls of your dorm looking bare? Try something creative! For example, pin a piece of string or ribbon to your wall and use clothespins to hang photos of your family, significant other, buddies, pet, or your favorite sports teams. Looking for something different? Here’s a list of additional ideas to decorate and personalize your walls:
- Wall art, mural, or decals: Are you a surfer, artist, or do you love to travel? Choose a decal that expresses your hobbies or personality.
- Temporary wallpaper: Customize your dorm without the commitment – perfect for students who want to stand out from the crowd.
- Inspiration board: What inspires you? Display your favorite objects, images, and quotes on a board.
- String lights: They aren’t just for the holidays. They create great ambience for parties and romantic date nights!
- Photo wall gallery: Cover a wall with photos of your happy memories and experiences.
- Tile tattoos: Perfect for shower/bathroom walls.
- Adhesive hooks: Hang any type of collection you have on these dorm-friendly hooks – Hats and purses are great for this!
- Vinyl CDs: Love music? Consider hanging colored vinyls up for an awesome retro look.
- Map: This is a must if you are majoring in Geography or plan to study abroad! Accompany with surrounding photos of places you would like to visit or have visited, including brochures, train route map, tickets, and beautiful scenery.
- Art sketches: Studying to be a graphic designer or handy with pencil and paper? Hang up your artwork or create your own collage with a compilation of your artwork.
If you’re sharing your dorm or off-campus apartment with a roommate, be sure to coordinate with them to avoid clashing colors. Already have plans to decorate your own space? Share your ideas in the comment space below!